Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and raisins; stir just until combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead just until smooth, about 2 minutes. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round biscuit cutter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 2, 2019
These are so good! They are definitely a new family favorite! They're best if eaten right away, while still warm.
Jan 12, 2015
They were really great fresh out the oven, but the next day they were really dry. What can I do to ensure they are not dry?
Jun 21, 2011
They were really good gone the day I made them!