Creamed Beans and Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen beans or peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cook beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain potatoes and beans; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2017
Another excellent side dish!!
Feb 5, 2010
This is one of our favorite dishes to serve with the Meatball in Sweet Clove Sauce thatyou can find in Taste of Home. We like it using peas the best, but using the green beans is good to. Enjoy this recipe. We do.