Ham on Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat cottage cheese 2 minutes. Beat in egg and milk until blended. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut out eight biscuits with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Split biscuits in half; spread with softened butter. Place ham on biscuit bottoms; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 23, 2013
The idea of an egg in a biscuit was almost sacriledge to this Southern boy, but I'm glad I overcame that feeling. These biscuits are tender and moist. They hold up great for several hours. Perfect for make ahead parties.
Jan 10, 2011
This is the best biscuit recipe. They are wonderful. Thank you thank you
May 18, 2009
This is a great tasting biscuit. I found using parchment paper lining on a cookie sheet was the only way to keep them from sticking. They just lift up effortlessly!Look for it in the grocery section with the aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc.