Ham & Cheese Bagels
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 6 plain bagels, split
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Spread butter over cut sides of bagels. Place buttered sides up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside bagel tops.
- On the bottom of each bagel, place a slice of ham and cheddar cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, spread bagel tops with cream cheese; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer bottom halves with tomato and avocado. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 427 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 23, 2020
This recipe was very good. I did not have avocado but it still tasted fine. For a crunchier bagel, we toast them first instead of broiling. I also used garden vegetable cream cheese.