Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 26, 2013
These are Delish !!! Ths second time around I added 2 Tablespoon Soar Cream to the mix ! Mmmgood !!!
Nov 4, 2012
I've made these biscuits twice. DELICIOUS! I recommend using a larger biscuit cutter (about 3"). I am planning on making these for my Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing can top the wholesome ingredients of these biscuits and I am so happy to be rediscovering "homemade"!
Oct 29, 2012
I used 8oz fresh butternut squash....had to add an extra 1/2 cup flour, but it was AWESOME
Oct 27, 2010
how i think bakin is paradise!
Oct 26, 2010
I love the goodness that this includes!