Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 26, 2013
These are Delish !!! Ths second time around I added 2 Tablespoon Soar Cream to the mix ! Mmmgood !!!
Nov 4, 2012
I've made these biscuits twice. DELICIOUS! I recommend using a larger biscuit cutter (about 3"). I am planning on making these for my Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing can top the wholesome ingredients of these biscuits and I am so happy to be rediscovering "homemade"!
Oct 29, 2012
I used 8oz fresh butternut squash....had to add an extra 1/2 cup flour, but it was AWESOME
Oct 27, 2010
how i think bakin is paradise!
Oct 26, 2010
I love the goodness that this includes!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.