Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 24, 2019
I served these alongside chicken tortilla soup. Biscuits rose nice and fluffy. My pickled jalapenos were spicy but the flavor mellowed within the mixture, resulting in a non-spicy but flavorful biscuit.
Oct 23, 2017
Served with chili! Was perfect.
Jul 21, 2014
I needed a roll or biscuit that would add "zip" to my BBQ turkey breast meal...and these really fit the spot...just enough heat, a great biscuit.Will be a regular on my list!
Jul 30, 2013
Just made these on a whim because I have fresh jalepenos in my garden that my husband always plants, but we never know what to do with until fall/chili season. What a tasty recipe! Easy to make and they smell great while baking as well.
May 30, 2012
Really good. I didn't roll them out I just dropped spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and they cooked up just fine. Really good flavor.
Apr 22, 2012
These were really good!!! Had rave reviews!!!My husband likes extra spicy so we kicked up the jalapenos in these!
Mar 30, 2012
Easy and yummy!