Biscuit Bowl Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place two muffin tins upside down; spray bottoms and sides of eight alternating muffin cups. On a work surface, roll or press biscuits into 4-in. circles. Sprinkle both sides with cornmeal, pressing lightly to adhere. Place biscuits over greased muffin cups, shaping biscuits around cups.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove biscuit bowls from pans; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, V8 juice, ketchup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Serve in biscuit bowls; top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit bowl with 1/2 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese: 395 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2013
This was okay. It's basically sloppy Joe in a biscuit bowl.
Sep 14, 2013
My family loved this recipe. I made my own homemade biscuits though. Next time I will not be using the ketchup in the recipe. I didn't like the flavor it gave it. This was great and so cute served in biscuits with lots of cheese!
Aug 14, 2013
this was good. I didn't make the biscuits. I used bush's chili beans and substituted tomato sauce for the ketchup.
Aug 14, 2013
I didn't serve with the biscuits but the chili was good. I used onion and green pepper, substituted tomato sauce for the chili and used Bush's chili beans. It was good.