Biscuit Bowl Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place two muffin tins upside down; spray bottoms and sides of eight alternating muffin cups. On a work surface, roll or press biscuits into 4-in. circles. Sprinkle both sides with cornmeal, pressing lightly to adhere. Place biscuits over greased muffin cups, shaping biscuits around cups.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove biscuit bowls from pans; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, V8 juice, ketchup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Serve in biscuit bowls; top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit bowl with 1/2 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese: 395 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 15, 2013
This was okay. It's basically sloppy Joe in a biscuit bowl.
Sep 14, 2013
My family loved this recipe. I made my own homemade biscuits though. Next time I will not be using the ketchup in the recipe. I didn't like the flavor it gave it. This was great and so cute served in biscuits with lots of cheese!
Aug 14, 2013
this was good. I didn't make the biscuits. I used bush's chili beans and substituted tomato sauce for the ketchup.
Aug 14, 2013
I didn't serve with the biscuits but the chili was good. I used onion and green pepper, substituted tomato sauce for the chili and used Bush's chili beans. It was good.