Chili Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, nuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Jun 12, 2013
A nice change from the normal snack mix!
Nov 30, 2012
I hope this gets better with time. It was expensive to make and at best is was okay. Very bland!
Nov 5, 2012
Very fast & very easy. I brought to a Halloween party & the bowl was cleaned out! The seasonings give it a good flavor. Don't let the name scare you-it's not hot. It is slightly sweet, so if you want more a savory mix, cut back on the sugar. Recommend for a quick, simple snack to feed a large crowd.
Oct 28, 2011
Oct 30, 2009
Some family members like it just as well as Chex Mix. Very crispy and not too spicy.