Crispy Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
Makesabout 2-1/2 quarts
- 4-1/2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) salted cashews
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the noodles, cereal, cashews and coconut. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, soy sauce, curry powder and ginger; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 298 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 23, 2011
My family enjoyed this, however, I agree that it would be easier to cook in the oven. My crockpot is the "old" kind and the mix completely fill the pot and made it difficult to stir every 30 min.
Jun 10, 2010
Great taste. I've already made it twice but the second time I baked in the oven at 250 for an hour stirring every 15 min. and adding the coconut half way through. It's faster and easier then using the crock pot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.