Cheesy Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups cheddar miniature pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope cheesy taco seasoning
- 2 cups white cheddar popcorn
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereal and pretzels. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and taco seasoning; drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-3-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once every minute. Stir in popcorn. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 24, 2015
I subbed in goldfish for the popcorn because we can't have it here. It's a little bland to me. Maybe I'll try mixing cheesy taco with spicy ranch mix? It needed a little salt. It was basically a taco after taste - not as strong as I was expecting for all the seasoning mix used. Maybe a tsp of season salt?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.