Spice Mix for Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons each salt, onion powder, pepper, ground cumin, paprika and dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 6 tablespoons total).
- To prepare chili: In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and mushrooms if desired over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, soup, 2 tablespoons spice mix, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2016
This is a great blend for a chili mix! We have used this recipe a few times now & I plan on gifting it to family for their holiday food gift baskets!
Sep 12, 2011
This combination of spices is perfect for a nice zesty bowl of soup. It is now my family's favorite soup.