Candy Snack Mix
Chock-full of raisins, peanuts and M& M's, this crunchy salty-sweet mix stays fresh for weeks. I keep it on hand to serve to unexpected guests or to fill decorative containers to give as last-minute gifts. —Mary Newsom, Grand Ridge, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) roasted peanuts
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts, cereal and raisins. In a microwave, melt the butter, candy coating and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, place sugar in a large bag; add coated mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto baking sheets; sprinkle with M&M's. When cool, store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 594 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Candy Snack Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2002