Cheddar Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additional pico de gallo and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute chipotle pepper, garlic and seasonings 2 minutes. Stir in beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely mash bean mixture; stir in pico de gallo. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese and sour cream and roll up. If desired, serve with additional pico de gallo and sour cream.
Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place a paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, 4-6 minutes, turning once. Let stand 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 410 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2018
Because husband doesn't like sour cream, I left it out, but I did serve it on the side for me. I prefer it that way anyway. Taco Bell serves stuffed grilled burritos and that is what I did with these. I used my panini press to grill each burritos. Yum.
Nov 9, 2017
The flavor balance is great. Completely satisfying. I serve the sour cream on the side, because I prefer it as a cold contrast.
May 6, 2017
This is a dish great for making when I have my friend over who doesn't eat meat. Packed with flavor and i load mine with cheese and sour cream.
Apr 23, 2017
Delicious! Easy to make and great flavor. Freezes well too! Wonderful dish for a meatless dinner!