Mexican Beef Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped ripe olives
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and chips over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Wrap burgers and desired toppings in tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2017
These burgers are amazing! I added 2 Tbsp of taco seasoning but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Topped them with guacamole, shredded lettuce, and salsa. Amazing!
Apr 2, 2011
I have made it again. The burgers have a wonderful flavor. My family loves this recipe.
Mar 14, 2010
My family absolutely loved these burgers. I don't know why I didn't think of using tortillas before. I will certainly use them again.