Whiskey Cheddar Burgers
This juicy cheeseburger has big flavors to satisfy even the heartiest appetites. It always impresses at our cookouts. —Amber Nicholson, Winooski, Vermont
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, cheddar cheese slices and barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- On a greased grill, cook burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve burgers on rolls with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Place patties on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to an airtight container; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 370 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.