Chicken Taco Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- SOUTHWEST BURGER TOPPINGS:
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with avocado, jalapeno and salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 468 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 952mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 30, 2019
I've made this on several occasions. It's one of our go-to recipes when friends come for dinner.
Jun 21, 2011
I did not use the toppings that the recipe suggested, as I have this in a Taste of Home cookbook and they were not included in the recipe. Instead we used monetary cheese with jalapenos, salsa, and sour cream. My husband said that he was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful the burgers were. We will definitely make these again!
Nov 9, 2010
Delicious! I add an extra pound of ground chicken to the recipe. It is still gooey but I am able to form them into patties.
Sep 25, 2009
One word - DELICIOUS!
Sep 7, 2009
made this and it was DELICIOUS, I wasn't sure how the patties were going to turn out... trying to form the patties the chicken seemed gooy, but once cooked they formed perfect size patties and were good....I will make again.
Aug 19, 2009
Made these and loved them very much. Would recommened them!!!
Aug 3, 2009
By the way, something is wrong with the picture of the burger. It has a white prop in place of the burger shown in the magazine.
Aug 3, 2009
Awful, just awful. I agree with the previous poster who said there is not enough binding agent. I followed the ingredients exactly and ended up with a big glob of slimy goo that was impossible to form into burgers and grill. I ended up adding tons of bread crumbs. The flavor was lacking and they came out dry. What a waste.
Aug 1, 2009
Chicken is too moist to grill on a BBQ. Will fall through the rack!! Not enough binding agent to hold them together. I recommend pan grilling instead.