I love to cook and rarely work from any recipes. My family always wonder what's cooking in the kitchen! They really enjoy these herb-flavored chicken burgers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked chicken, ground or finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon each poultry seasoning, dried thyme, ground mustard and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 8 hamburger rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Place in a large bowl. Add chicken, crumbs, Parmesan, eggs, herbs and seasonings; mix well. Stir in enough milk to be able to shape mixture into patties. Shape into eight patties. In the same skillet, cook patties in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until browned on each side and heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 482 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 913mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Burgers in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.