Buffalo Beef Burgers
This tangy, amped up burger puts a new twist on Buffalo wings. -Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add mayonnaise and hot sauce; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place on rolls. Top each with 2 tablespoons Buffalo mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon each of celery and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 769 calories, 51g fat (15g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1109mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Buffalo Burger in Taste of Home August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips