Veggie Beef Burgers
I developed this recipe as a way to get more nutritious vegetables into our diet. Be sure to finely chop the vegetables (I use my food processor) so that they cook thoroughly. - Dolores Tolson, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and sliced onion, tomatoes and pickles
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper if desired. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 317 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Beef Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book