Tasty Veggie Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 168 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2012
This is a really great way to use up extra yellow squash from the garden and a nice change from potato pancakes. The only thing I did differently was leave the potatoes unpeeled; and I ate them with ranch dressing. :)