Spinach Tomato Burgers
Every Friday night is burger night at our house. The tomatoes add fresh flavor and the cool spinach dip brings it all together. We often skip the buns and serve these over a bed of grilled cabbage. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup spinach dip
- 1/4 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine first six ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack or in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 minutes per side. Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat until toasted. Serve burgers on buns; top with spinach dip, tomatoes and lettuce.
Test Kitchen Tips