Basil Burger Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 669 calories, 41g fat (15g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2012
These were really good and a nice change of pace. I will definitely make again.
Aug 1, 2012
I made these slider size and added a fresh picked tomato to the toppings. Used chopped fresh basil instead of minced. Was skeptical of the cream cheese, but yum! Delicious!
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not normally the biggest fan when it comes to homemade burgers, but now I am. This burger was AMAZING! Simple and easy to make, and the flavors were all great together. Make these burgers, you won't be disappointed.
Feb 18, 2011
I tried your recipe. Based on the high starts status, i expected much. Could not have been more dissapointed. Sorry, but this sucks and is a detriment to the true burger.
Jul 2, 2010
Was simply delicious!!! My husband LOVED them and doesn't normally like burgers. All the different flavors melded nicely together! Can't wait to make these for guests!!!
May 17, 2010
This is an awesome recipe!!! Even my kids liked them!! I am looking forward to making them again for my hubby, who is currently serving in Iraq!!! I made them for him when he came home on R&R...he loved them!!! Highly recommend this recipe!!
Mar 20, 2009
I used this recipe with two packages of ground turkey and whole wheat buns instead. Very yummy!