Spinach-Mushroom Beef Patties
Whether grilled or broiled, these juicy, flavorful burgers flecked with spinach and cheese were always a yummy summertime favorite with Jan Komarek from Friendswood, Texas. With or without a bun, they’re sure to bring raves!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mushrooms and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight patties. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Mushroom Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007