Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill hamburgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Feb 26, 2014
These are very tasty and moist. You do not need any condiments with this burger. I used the beef broth. When you're making these, it seems that they are too moist to shape but they hold together very well.
Jul 28, 2011
My husband has been looking for good burger recipes...this one is a keeper! We used the beef broth, too!
Jun 6, 2010
May 20, 2010
I used beef broth & they were very good..will try beer next time!