Grilled Pork Burgers
We live on a working hog farm and love this savory, tasty burger. Everyone will love these burgers—even if your pork comes from the grocery store, not the farm! —Dawnita Phillips, Drexel, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and sweet onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve on buns; top with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 522 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Porkburger in Taste of Home February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.