Wisconsin Butter-Basted Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Tomato slices, lettuce leaves, dill pickle slices, ketchup and mustard
- Sprinkle ground beef with seasoned salt and pepper. Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Add to seasoned beef, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 6-8 minutes on each side, basting with butter, until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from heat; keep warm. Add bun tops to skillet; toast until golden brown.
- Transfer burgers to bun bottoms. Top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Replace bun tops. Serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 400 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 8, 2019
MANY small hidden gems in Southeastern Wisconsin do put a dollop of butter on top. Unless the butter is dripping, you are not eating a butter burger.
Jun 4, 2019
The mushrooms and butter basting add great flavor to this burger. These were a hit with my family.
Apr 29, 2019
I love mushrooms in any dish, but I REALLY love mushrooms when finely chopped and added to these hamburgers. They made the beef so rich and tender! Definitely a recipe to repeat again and again!