Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 thin slices cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl,combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Top one side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of bread. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2014
Great combo of flavors. Great way to use up leftover pot roast.
Jan 31, 2011
These were good! I added extra roast beef - two slices for each sandwich didn't seem like enough - and I added another slice of Swiss before adding the second slice of bread to help the sandwich stick together a little better. Served it with tomato soup for a quick dinner...
Jun 14, 2010
Great sandwich! I use provolone cheese. This one is saved in my recipe box and I use it often.
Jul 9, 2009
We have made these sandwiches many times. They are so easy and good.Linda 46
Jul 26, 2008
These sandwiches are out of this world. They are worth trying and a trip to the store for the items you might not have on hand. YUMMY!