Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup barbecue sauce to serve with burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, 1/4 cup of the remaining barbecue sauce, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice and reserved barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 626 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 29, 2019
I agree with "KathyCooks1943"Burgers are more "meatloaf" than burger. (3 star reason).Keep the burgers simple and it's a winner. BBQ sauce couldn't be easier, will definitely make again.
Jun 24, 2019
I've been making this every summer for our bbq parties - a huge hit with all ages.
Apr 27, 2018
Made this burger tonight, turned out very well! Very juicy, and flavorful. I don't love bbq sauce but I enjoyed this bbq sauce. Will be making again for sure, already have the recipe written down.
Mar 6, 2018
The BBQ sauce is very nice. However, I thought the hamburgers tasted like meatloaf. I do not like meatloaf. Hubby said they were "ok". Won't make again. Sorry. With all those 5 star reviews I thought I had a winner. Lost out on this one.
Oct 30, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
I made this recipe as directed except I threw a drizzle of siriracha into the barbecue sauce and it was too delicious then I thought the hamburger was lacking something so I threw a package of onion soup mix into it and made meatloaf out of it 'cause I was feeling kind of lazy Omgosh I will make this again and again yummy yummy yummy
Aug 9, 2017
Loved this recipe. Will be keeping this recipe for sure. The sauce was very tasty and the burger was nice and moist.
Aug 5, 2017
its a delicious one..i hve tried it....best food ever...for more reviews :- http://justinreviews.org
Jul 18, 2017
We really love these burgers! They have so much flavor.
Apr 19, 2017
Outstanding! Really, these are seriously good! Best burger I've ever made. I used 1 lb of 85% grass fed ground beef and followed recipe as written. I happen to love BBQ burgers, but have never seen my partner eat one, so I was skeptical she'd like it. Thankfully, she loved it and said it was the best burger she's ever had...and we eat a lot of burgers! She didn't add extra sauce, but I did.The sauce is great...if you like Sweet Baby Ray's, you'll love this. If you like your BBQ sauce with a little kick, add some hot sauce or cayenne. 1 lb of meat made 6, 3-1/2 oz patties, about 5" round and 5/8" thick. We cooked 2 on our griddle and froze the rest for another time. Next time, I'll grill up 4 patties so we can have double meat for a heartier meal. If you like thicker burgers, you might want to make 4 with 1 lb meat. This is most definitely a keeper!