Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours 20 min.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and stir gently. Cook, covered, 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 218 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Aug 28, 2017
This is very tasty. I have used this recipe for years since it first was in TOH magazine.
Jun 20, 2012
This was delicious. My family and friends loved it! It did have a very mild flavor.So I let the sauce reduce somewhat and added more barbecue sauce. It was great! I guess it could be spiced up ,but everyone loved it old and young. Even my 2 1/2 year old grandson ate a whole sandwich!
Dec 8, 2011
Everyone in my family just loves this!
Jul 29, 2010
I found this to be quite sweet and the sauce very runny. Could have been the barbeque sauce I used... I agree with the last reviewer, it could use some more spice too.
Jul 28, 2010
We thought it was a little tart and a bit too sweet. I would try something with a little more spice next time.
Jun 4, 2009
This is very good!!! My kids love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.