Barbecued Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 2-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a disposable foil pan.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Place in foil pan, turning to coat with sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Place pan on grill rack over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove brisket from pan; tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from sauce in pan. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 437 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 30, 2019
I gave this recipe a try - never made brisket before. It was outstanding!
Jun 18, 2018
Can I make this in my crockpot?
May 21, 2018
My husband just made this yesterday. When he first said he was making brisket, I was afraid of how it would turn out because I've had tough, stringy brisket before. But this was DELICIOUS! Only variation he made was that he smoked it a few hours first to get an "outdoors on the grill" flavor and finished it off in the oven. He has been cooking Sunday family dinner for a few years now, and this is his BEST beef dish ever! Can't wait to have it again and again.
May 30, 2012
I wanted to make brisket for Memorial Day but had never made it before. So I tried this recipe a week before on a small piece of brisket. My family loved it. So I made 10 lbs. of brisket with this recipe for Memorial Day. Everyone loved it! But I made a few changes to the sauce...I didn't use horseradish. I added about 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce and 3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Sauce and 1/4 cup apple sauce. I put everything in a blender instead of heating it. Then poured it on the brisket and baked it. It was delicious and will definitely make it again. I also used the sauce to bake chicken breasts in and they came out delicious. Definitely recommend this recipe!