Beef Brisket Tacos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup brisket marinade sauce or liquid smoke plus 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), fat trimmed
- 20 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, lime wedges, media crema table cream, fresh cilantro leaves, thinly sliced green onions, jalapeno slices and salsa, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add brisket; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer brisket and marinade to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours. Remove meat; discard bay leaves. Reserve juices in slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Using tongs, serve shredded brisket in tortillas. Add toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 278 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2018
These were absolutely terrific!! I couldn't find a small brisket, but my local Walmart had large (I mean 18-20 pounders) briskets for really cheap. I didn't change ANYTHING.Definitely gonna do this one again!