Beef Brisket Tacos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup brisket marinade sauce or liquid smoke plus 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), fat trimmed
- 20 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, lime wedges, media crema table cream, fresh cilantro leaves, thinly sliced green onions, avocado slices and salsa, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add brisket; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer brisket and marinade to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours. Remove meat; discard bay leaves. Reserve juices in slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Using tongs, serve shredded brisket in tortillas. Add toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 278 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 22, 2018
These were absolutely terrific!! I couldn't find a small brisket, but my local Walmart had large (I mean 18-20 pounders) briskets for really cheap. I didn't change ANYTHING.Definitely gonna do this one again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.