Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute cabbage, pepper and onion until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir in beans, salsa, chiles, garlic, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells. Top with cheese and avocado.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 430 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 12g protein.
Nov 29, 2014
Excellent! Very different for a meatless dinner.
Aug 15, 2014
Very tasty! Super quick and easy, too.We had whole wheat tortillas, so just warmed them and made soft tacos. Nice crunchy-ish filling with the cabbage.Will definitely make often!
Jan 21, 2013
Aug 16, 2010
I had no idea what to expect. We usually eat salad with taco hot sauce and some seasoning as "vegetarian tacos". These were far better and really much better than I ever imagined! Will definitely be making these again.