Shredded Pork Tacos
I used to make a similar recipe with beef, but I switched to pork when we lived in Singapore for 3 years. Beef was expensive and not very good there. We like it so much with pork, we never switched back.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove from pan and keep warm. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Add pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Cool slightly; shred with two forks. Return to sauce; heat through. Serve in tortillas with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Tacos in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.