Mexican Shredded Beef Wraps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: Torn romaine, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado and sour cream
- Place onion, jalapeno and garlic in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; pour over roast.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Serve beef on tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 428 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2017
This sounds really good! UT here in Texas we call'um "burritos "??
Jan 3, 2017
Excellent! Try making it in a pressure cooker -- 35 to 40 minutes at pressure, natural cool-down pressure release.
Dec 14, 2016
I love shredded Mexican roast. This recipe was so flavorful and moist. I will definitely make again. I love slow cooker meals. My family approved!
Sep 24, 2015
This sounds really good! I will review it after I try it. Can't wait!