Shredded Pork with Beans
A friend gave me this recipe, which my sons say is a keeper. For a change of pace, spoon the tasty filling into soft tortillas. —Sarah Johnston, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup without rice: 207 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Shredded Pork with Beans in Quick Cooking November/December 2004