Taco Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, 3/4 cup water, onion and taco seasoning. Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 327 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Dec 4, 2016
Outstanding!! Easy to follow, fun, quick recipe.. I recommend warm corn tortilas and orozo pasta seasoned with mi arroz rice seasoning mix...add some black beans and corn. Bomb!!!!!
Aug 10, 2016
I would like to make this in a slow cooker. Does anyone know how to change the recipe to do that?I'm sorry to put this under reviews. I didn't see any place to ask questions.
Mar 9, 2013
Super easy and extremely delicious! One of my husband's new favorites! The kids liked it, too :)
Jan 25, 2013
Made this tonight for the roomates and myself as I had every thing on hand, this was awesome every body said this is definetly a keeper. Loved by all
Jan 14, 2012
I'm always hesitant about trying new dinners with 3 boys...one of them quite picky. However, this recipe was a hit! Will definitely be making it again and again and again.....the sauce/gravy was delicious on the rice too.
Jan 10, 2012
I used taco sauce instead of tomato sauce for a little extra kick. My son and I enjoyed this with rice.
Dec 27, 2011
This pork chop recipe was very refreshing! My whole family enjoyed it. We all felt it was a keeper. It has been added to my folder as a monthly dinner. :)
Feb 21, 2011
These were very good. I can't wait to try this on other meats. I did not use the water and flour to make extra sauce, because you already have plenty. My husband was very surprised by these. Everyone enjoyed them
Jan 23, 2011
Easy to make and would also taste great with chicken!
Nov 26, 2010
So simple but so good! my husband loved them, he now wants me to try this with chicken.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.