Taco Salad Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cubed avocado, salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Serve with beef mixture and the toppings of your choice.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 2 waffles with 1/2 cup beef mixture (calculated without optional toppings) equals 432 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,676 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Oct 10, 2015
I really liked this different version of a taco salad. Very good quick dinner.
Sep 22, 2010
Great, quick recipe! Great for school nights when we have alot to do. What a wonderful idea to use the waffles. This was a big hit in my house!
Sep 1, 2010
I thought this was a great idea. The only thing I changed was to make my own waffles using a mexican cornbread recipe. They were great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.