Taco Salad Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cubed avocado, salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Serve with beef mixture and the toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts2 waffles: 460 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1664mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 10, 2015
I really liked this different version of a taco salad. Very good quick dinner.
Sep 22, 2010
Great, quick recipe! Great for school nights when we have alot to do. What a wonderful idea to use the waffles. This was a big hit in my house!
Sep 1, 2010
I thought this was a great idea. The only thing I changed was to make my own waffles using a mexican cornbread recipe. They were great!