Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, cook Canadian bacon over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and green onion; add to the same pan. Cook and stir until egg is thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate. Top with Canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese and, if desired, tomato. Top with remaining waffle.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 261 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 9, 2013
my kids love this too
Jul 18, 2011
This is a delicious little treat for breakfast or any other time during the day. I used only 1 waffle and cut in half. Less calories. I also used a spray butter on the waffle. Enjoyed this treat very much...