Thanks to apple pie spice and cinnamon, finicky eaters won't mind the heart-healthy use of whole wheat flour in these wonderful waffles. Give away half of the mix…and keep the other half for yourself! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 waffles per batch
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 batches (1-1/3 cups each).
- To prepare waffles: Place 1-1/3 cups waffle mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 358 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Waffle Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.