Thanks to apple pie spice and cinnamon, finicky eaters won't mind the heart-healthy use of whole wheat flour in these wonderful waffles. Give away half of the mix…and keep the other half for yourself! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 batches (1-1/3 cups each).
- 2. To prepare waffles: Place 1-1/3 cups waffle mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
2 each: 358 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC