Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Raspberry, peach or strawberry yogurt
- Raspberries, blueberries and/or sliced peaches
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in plain yogurt, butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 516 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 1089mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2014
You can use only 1 cup of yogurt if you like a less soft waffle. You can also use flavored yogurt as well. I've used a prepared baking mix like Bisquik substituting 1/12 to 2 cups instead of the first four ingredients.
Oct 30, 2011
They were good, but very limp. I would just as soon find another recipe. Unless of course you have a lot of plain yogurt to use up! :-)