Chili-Topped Cornbread Waffles
My daughter inspired this cornbread waffles recipe. Everyone in my family loves chili except her, so we had an idea—cornbread waffles topped with chili and all the fixings! It was a hit. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces) chili with beans or 4 cups leftover chili, warmed
- TOPPINGS: jalapeno slices, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, cubed avocado and minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Serve with chili and toppings of your choice.