Waffle Monte Cristos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 8 frozen waffles
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Maple syrup
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Spread preserves over four waffles. Layer with turkey, ham, cheese and bacon; top with remaining waffles. Lightly spread outsides of waffles with butter.
- Place on griddle; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with syrup for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without syrup): 511 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 9, 2017
Yesterday I made homemade waffles , so I used the leftovers. Interesting flavors. I liked it, but not so much with husband. Will make again just for me.
Feb 19, 2017
Used apple jelly and provolone. They were so good we had them for brunch 2 days in a row!
Aug 9, 2016
I enjoyed this sandwich, and it was a HUGE hit with my husband. I used raspberry preserves, mozzarella cheese, and omitted the bacon (because I forgot to buy it). I added a sprinkling of Caribbean jerk seasoning to give the sandwiches some punch. Next time I will make sure to have apricot preserves on hand, as I think that flavor would better complement this combination.
Jul 26, 2016
These were interesting--I wasn't sure about them at first but I enjoyed them more with each bite. I tried to cut down on the sodium by using lower sodium bacon and omitting the ham. Bacon was the dominant flavor, which was fine by me!