Chocolaty Dessert Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream, fresh fruit or ice cream
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Preheat waffle iron. Fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with whipped cream, fruit or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2009
These turned out really well. I added frozen raspberries to one batch. I dusted them with powdered sugar, drizzled chocolate fudge sauce over them and then topped them with whipped cream and raspberries. In another batch I added pecans and topped them the same way. Everyone really enjoyed them. I did add a little extra milk because the mix was a little thick. Will make them again!!