When I'm in a hurry and my family wants a hearty breakfast, I often make these easy waffles. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the subtle potato flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Potato Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Jan 16, 2012
This is a quick, easy and delicious recipe! I mixed in one half cup of ham and one half cup of brown rice, and they still turned out lovely! Served them with creamed chipped beef on top. My whole family (all males) loved them!