Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 waffles: 235 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 19, 2014
I made these for my nephew and husband yesterday morning. They turned out really good. I wanted to try and swap out the sour cream for nonfat greek vanilla yogurt and I also used egg substitute as well as Danipooh02 mentioned. I decreased the saturated fat by removing the butter and substituting it with canola oil. For more details check out my blog http://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2014/01/18/spice-wheat-waffles/
Mar 4, 2012
These were delicious!~ Theresa
Feb 5, 2012
The flavor of these luscious waffles is amazing! I used egg substitute instead of real eggs, and nonfat greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, and they turned out fantastic. We will definitely be making these again.
Dec 23, 2011
I think this is my new favorite waffle recipe! I ran out of sour cream for the second batch, so I used plain yogurt. I may like that even better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.