Ice Cream Wafflewiches
A wafflewich is a masterpiece of textures with chewy waffles, smooth ice cream, gooey caramel syrup and crunchy pecans. This is cold storage comfort food. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 24 frozen mini waffles, unseparated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1-1/2 cups dulce de leche or vanilla ice cream
- Toast waffles according to package directions; separate into mini waffles and cool completely.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat; stir in pecans, brown sugar, chili powder and vanilla. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Transfer to a shallow bowl; cool completely.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon caramel syrup over a mini waffle; top with 2 tablespoons ice cream. Top with a second waffle, pressing to spread ice cream to edges. Roll sides into spiced pecans; place on a plate. Freeze, covered, until firm.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple & Caramel Ice Cream Wafflewiches with Spiced Pecans in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.