Who knew sandwiches could be so fun? This medley from our Test Kitchen will bring smiles to the whole table with its fantastic taste and whimsical fun. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry sauce, syrup and pepper until combined. Spread over four slices of bread; top with turkey and remaining bread. Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches.
- Bake in a preheated waffle maker or indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 407 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1179mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Waffle-Wiches in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007