Here's a tasty way to prepare turkey anytime of year. My family loves the tender turkey strips, colorful vegetables and crunchy cashews. You don't always have to fix the whole bird to enjoy the wonderful taste of turkey. —Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups pea pods, trimmed
- Cooked rice, optional
- 1/3 cup cashews, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Remove turkey and keep warm. Stir-fry the onion, carrot, green pepper and mushrooms until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger. Add to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return turkey to skillet with pea pods; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Top with cashews.