Turkey Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 serving each)
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, green pepper and onion; cook until tender. Stir in the soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, pimientos, soy sauce, salt and lemon-pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add sour cream and noodles. Spoon half into a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Place remaining mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish and bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 307 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Nov 12, 2018
One of my very favorite TofH recipes. It is easy, delicious and comforting.
Aug 5, 2012
This casserole was fantastic. I left out a few veggies my family would not eat and added some Tomato/Basil/Garlic seasoning. It was fabulous! It was a crowd and a kid pleaser.
Nov 9, 2009
My husband isn't big on casseroles, but this one he loves.